United Way focuses on education
United Way of Western Nebraska partners with local agencies to support education of children, youth and families. When communities and public, private and nonprofit sectors work together, we can make a huge impact on lives in our communty.
Our Partner Agencies
- Alliance First National Spartans (Box Butte)
- Alliance MOPS (Box Butte)
- Alliance Oldtimers Baseball & Softball (Box Butte)
- Alliance Recreation Center (Box Butte)
- Boy Scouts of America, Long Peaks Council (Scotts Bluff)
- Girl Scouts (Scotts Bluff)
- Guadalupe Center (Scotts Bluff)
- Summer Program for Handicapped Children-Camp Scott (Scotts Bluff)
- TeamMates of Alliance (Box Butte)
- TeamMates of Scotts Bluff County (Scotts Bluff)
- Western Nebraska Child Development Center-CAPWN (Scotts Bluff)
We partner with local agencies that are making a difference through education in the lives of youth in our communities. United Way's model focuses on supportive communities, effective schools and strong families — strategies and approaches rooted in research.
How You Can Help
To reach our goal, we need your help. The strategies proven to work are those that connect communities to their schools: parent involvement; literacy volunteers in the classroom; mentors for disadvantaged students; business leaders engaged in early childhood advocacy. Volunteer to help.